Sunday, June 24, 2012

Is a Costco membership going to hurt or help me?

So, for a few years we had a Sam's club membership. It was about $45/year. After only visiting on average, twice a year, we decided not to renew.

Then, a Costco was built in West Des Moines. After visiting with friends, I am tempted to get a membership. The part that is pulling me in this direction is that they offer brands that I like, in bulk, at a great price. (what comes to mind is the extra-large bag of Pretzel Thins that I love with every kind of dip)

I've been reading other blogs on whether or not it is worth the membership fee. There are many valid points on what to buy and what NOT to buy there.

I am not sure what is holding me back. It is only $55 for the membership. I'm not sure if it is the 15-20 min drive that I know I will be making frequently that makes me hesitate or the fact that I can't get out of the store without dropping $100.

Maybe this is the final push that I need to start planning meals for the whole month instead of weekly...hmmm I guess I'll sleep on this one....

2 comments:

  1. We used to belong when C was a baby. I was able to get big cans of her formula. I was ticked though, bc after we joined, they stopped carrying whatever our favorite diapers were at the time. I always bought extra fun stuff, like wrapping paper kits. We did not renew, but I have been thinking about it too! I also want to be super organized and stock up on all the paper stuff, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's another thing... Kirkland diapers.. apparently they are "the same" as Huggies and these are proving to work fine for Eian. So, there could be something worth getting a membership for, for at least a year anyways... I think it is a great place for gifts for kids as well. I love their books and puzzles and I think they are a steal but maybe I'm not looking in the right places! Alright maybe I am ready to take the "plunge". Wendy, you may have convinced me :)

    ReplyDelete